Friday, September 17, 2010

Oh, and by the way... - Bluthanized and Popped Density

I’ve just realized that I haven’t done a plug for my other blog, Bluthanized. What is Bluthanized, you ask? Well, Bluthanized is a series of blogs on the movies of Don Bluth, whom you may know as the creator of movies like An American Tail, The Land Before Time, and All Dogs Go To Heaven.

I’m co-authoring it with my friend Jordyn of Popped Density (which is another blog that fans of Diversion 2.0 should check out; it has less video games, but WAY more movies), and updates, though usually irregular, are a gang of laughs and contain deep and poignant insight into these films. Or, as is more often the case, it contains neither of these, but is worth reading anyway.

Why Don Bluth, you ask? Well, Jordyn and I had been wanting to do a crossover for some time now, but couldn’t figure out what to do it on. We decided on Don Bluth because

a) His movie canon had only been partly seen by either of us; I had seen most of his early stuff, Jordyn had seen most of his late stuff, and neither of us have seen Titan A.E., and

b) His film canon is only 10 movies long, so it seemed doable (this is an important feature).

At any rate, we’re a couple entries in, but we still have a fair few more to go before the all-important reveal at Titan, so you should check us out! On one of your many frequent Diversion 2.0 visits, stop by Bluthanized for some dual film-blogging action. And I wouldn’t say no to checking out Popped Density either.

As a small update, I’m gearing up for a few more entries, but mostly I’m watching reruns of “Freakazoid” and “NewsRadio.” Just an FYI.

Anyway, there’s today’s reading assignment. Go get ‘em, tiger!

No comments:

Post a Comment